Grounds Committee Members
- Peggy Cronin
- Burke Graham
- Jeff Kunkle (VP/Grounds)
- Charlie Patterson
- Mike Scott
- Rick Skinner
- Christopher Wright
In order to build on the fantastic work the existing Grounds Committee and the Indian Springs Beautification Project (ISBP) have already accomplished, we are going to combine those activities as well as other common area and facilities responsibilities (maintenance of common areas, dam inspections, etc.) under a new grounds committee. As of September 2020, Jeff Kunkle will chair the committee. Please email Jeff (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in participating on this new grounds committee. Lots of opportunities and some fun!
The Indian Springs Grounds Committee is responsible for the maintenance of the Common Area including the turf areas, trees, shrubs, and other landscaping. They are also responsible for keeping the Common Area neat and orderly. A landscape contract is awarded annually to an area contractor, typically in the fall of the year. It includes the mowing of all the Common Area, mulching, fertilization and leaf clean up. Neighbors also volunteer each month to clean the roadside frontage of the neighborhood. Check out the 2023-2024 Litter Collection Roster to help out – you are welcome to add your name to the list at any time (multiple families per month are welcome!) Just let the Secretary know!
In addition, Indian Springs residents are responsible for the inspection and maintenance of the community pond dam. Detailed information about this process can be found here, and more volunteers are always welcome to help – just contact the Secretary if you are interested, or if you need more information.
Please click here to see a detailed list of Grounds Committee responsibilities, check the CCRs, and/or contact any member of the Grounds Committee.
In 2021, the Grounds Committee will be working on the “Indian Springs Beautification Project” (ISBP) to beautify the entrance to our community. Please click on the links below for more information about that project and other activities of the Grounds Committee.
- Grounds Committee Report 10-05-21
- Grounds Committee Report 9-1-21
- 2021-2022 Volunteer Litter Collection List
- ISHOA Grounds Committee Annual Meeting Report Sept 2020
- Grounds Committee Report 5-23-20: Entrance Zelkova Trees
- ISBP Entrance Watering Volunteer Schedule 2020 UPDATED
- Grounds Committee Report 3-11-20
- Tree Watering Guidelines for Winter 2019-2020
- ISBP Entrance Watering Volunteer Schedule Fall/Winter 2019
- “Watering Tips” for Entrance Maples – Summer 2019
- ISBP Update 11-13-19
- ISBP Update 4-22-19
- ISBP Update 1-17-19
- ISBP Update 11-8-18
- ISBP Initial Design and Plan 10-10-18
- Links to Reporting/Combating Invasive Species (Lanternfly, Ailunthus/Tree of Heaven) in Albemarle County